High end pc fps drop/in game stutter

Apr 29, 2018
Last week all usb ports randomly disabled themselves, keep having to update drivers manually on pc restart. since then in every game theres stutters when the mouse is moved and high fps drops when moving. Example - previous csgo sat at 220+fps drops of maybe 10 and now sits at 110 and drops to 20 with horrendous stutter when moving mouse. tried fresh install of gpu drivers no luck.

pc specs -
i5-7600k @ 4.2ghz
Gigabyte gtx 1080 windforce oc
16gb viper elite ram
1tb hdd
240gb ssd
corsair 550w psu
asus pg278q 165hz 1440p monitor

Solution

Try this...I did this and my CSGO works fine now...since you also play CSGO i think this will help...actually I had 120+ fps and it suddenly drops to 10-15fps for couple of seconds...check this and see...
May 1, 2018
PC Specs -
i7 7740x
Gigabyte G1 1080Ti
3tb HDD
256 850 Pro SSD
Asus x299-a motherboard
16gb ram Trident Z G.Skill
Benq XL2430T

I am currently having the same exact issue. Did a virus scan, nothing. currently on nvidia's drivers 397.31.

playstoreupdateft

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

Try this...I did this and my CSGO works fine now...since you also play CSGO i think this will help...actually I had 120+ fps and it suddenly drops to 10-15fps for couple of seconds...check this and see if it will work..fingers crossed though...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[I bought a new laptop this recently HP with 12GB Ram and 4GB AMD Corei7-7200U...i had the same issue, CPU bottlenecks alot...I am a CSGO player and with relatively low resolution the FPS drops to 10 - 15 for about 5-10 seconds and come back again....I fixed it in one way though, here is how I did fix my fps drops.

1. I removed my laptop back cover replaced new thermal paste and cleaned the cooling fan vents (Do this if you know how to dismantle your laptop and fix it back again.)

2. Did a clean installation of windows.

3. Installed Kaspersky Internet security along with CCleaner (You can get in EBAY at lower price ;) if you want to.)

4. Debloated my OS windows 10 (I just removed all the other unnecessary windows apps, like skype, 3d builder etc.. Go to this link here you can remove all...dont remove the "WINDOWS STORE" incase you need apps you can get it from the store, or else it will be kind of annoying to get them back...here is the link to debloat https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windo...)

5. Did windows 10 optimization for gaming. (Check Below for steps)

Windows 10 optimization -

- Press WIN+R -> type "msconfig" -> go to "boot" tab -> select "Advance Options" -> Tick "Number Of processors" -> Select All Processors there -> Click "Ok (Do not change anything else)"..for me it shows 4, dont know how much it will show for u..so select all.

- Click on "No GUI Boot" and edit timeout to "10secs" default will show you "30"

- Click "services tab" -> Tick "hide all microsoft services" -> Click "Disable all" -> enable the apps thats you need and disable the rest. -> Click "Ok".

- Click "StartUp Tab" -> and disable all startup apps and enable the ones you want.

- Right Click "This PC or My computer" -> Click "Properties" -> Click "advance system settings" -> Under "Performance" -> Click Settings -> Click "Adjust for best performance" -> Click "Ok".

- Click "Start Menu" -> Click "Settings" -> you will see (System, Personalization, Apps, Gaming, Privacy and update), Disable all the options there. Especially APPS GAMING AND PRIVACY.

- <At this point restart your laptop>

- Install graphics drivers. I would highly recommened to try installing 1 or 2 versions older graphics drivers rather than installing the latest..for me the latest drivers actually made the FPS bottlenecking. Installing 1 or 2 version older worked for me...

- Or else let WINDOWS UPDATE do the thing..I normally dont download drivers here and there...i let WINDOWS UPDATE do the thing...sometimes windows update get you the latest graphics drivers...therefore just roll back to a previous version.

- Do Disk Checks..you can do this by going to "This PC or My computer and right clicking your partition and going to properties"

I actually did these and now all working fine..no FPS drops or CPU spiking and iam using a resolution of 1280x720 and i get 120+ FPS and now iam really happy xD... Try these and let me know...]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Solution