Jun 25, 2019
Hey everyone,

I've been having problems with my PC since i bought it and its been a year. My PC freezes completely and stays like that until I hold power button. This changed after I replaced my GPU now it freezes for 5 seconds and sends me back to this screen View: https://imgur.com/TrMNCIn
The crashes are really inconsistent and rarely happen. I had a month without problems and it usually occurs while playing wow. But sometimes it might happen more than three times a day.

GPU never exceeds 73C
CPU is 35idle and 75 at stress tests and games
Motherboard is around 45C after 6 hours of heavy gaming
Nothing is OC'd except for the GPU which is factory OC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT I DID

I have replaced my GPU
I have replaced my PSU
I tried 3 different bios updates
Reinstalled windows completely
Used more than 10 different Nvidia drivers (all clean with DDU)
Had no errors with mem86 test ( tried both rams sticks alone)
Changed ram slots
Tried in different slots and one at a time
Tried only using one stick (tried both rams)
Removed bios battery and installed again
Tried rams with and without XMP
Tried manual XMP on rams
Tried to cmos reset

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY SPECS

CPU: i7 9700k

GPU: ASUS GeForce DUAL RTX2080 SUPER EVO OC

RAM: GSKILL SNIPERX CAMUFLAGE 3000MHZ (2x8)

PSU: CORSAIR RMX850

MB: MSI GAMING EDGE AC Z390

I still get these random freezes and its been a year. I beg you guys please help me. I got PTSD from this. While I am playing something competitive and PC crashes its is the worst feeling.

This is the error on event log View: https://imgur.com/a/BojT5KV

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
You just typed this without reading I assume. I have no overclock and I can boot into windows.
the message that said your overclock isn't stable and reverted to the default settings.. usually happens when my oc has too high multiplier or too low voltage, thats why i posted the suggestion. I read somewhere that current msi boards have VRM issues, id suggest monitoring the motherboard VRM with hwinfo.. if its still under warranty why not try to RMA or exchange it

Jun 25, 2019
Because we don't know if it is the motherboard. It might be rams that are not compatible. Also I tried RMA'ing my GPU and it went back and forth 3 times which took 3 months and I had to sue them which is also been going on for 6 months now. The crash is so inconsistent that they probably send it right back. I don't wanna go under that stress again. If i know what is wrong for sure I am gonna just break it and buy a new one. I had enoguh off this bs.

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
on the sensors tab, there will be a long list of information, at the bottom of the sensors window there will be a VRM temperature value, check if that is 100C or above, nominal values should be below 80C

Also check the cpu vcore, could be that its too low making it unstable
ztTPuDn.jpg