Apr 13, 2023
Hello guys,

Two months ago, i bought a pc by parts and put them togheter as follow:
motherboard: gigabyte z790 gaming x ax
cpu: i9 13900kf
gpu: gtx 3080
ram: kingstone fury 16gb 7200mhz cl38
psu: Gigabyte P850GM, 80+ Gold, 850W

At the beginning all went well, but for 2 weeks, i have huge problems with the pc, discord is restarting, game is freezing and crashing to desktop, browser is crashing, browser tabs are crashing.
I dont know what to do to fix it, because i tried everything as listed:

- last bios verison
- fresh windows install from scratch
- all drivers installed
- install windows on another drive
- run every stress test
I checked the event viewer from windows to see crash report, and what i see over the is:

The program NewWorld.exe version 1.60.868.1162 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Also here is the attached image of event viewer: https://ibb.co/Z2H0WQR

I dont know what to do anymore, i dont know what to test, i need a little help pls :(

Apr 13, 2023
Yes, i found a semi fix.

So .... i had my rams runing at 7200 mhz with xmp profile activated, and all was crashing very often.
I switch xmp profile to default and now is still crashing things but very very very very rarely, like once per day or once at 2/3 days.

I think the problem is either the ram, that i dont have enaught or the PSU wich is not the best and it can not power up the cpu enaught, or the cpu cooling paste.
I will try next days to change the cpu thermal paste, switch psu and put more ram to see if it fixes the problem, if not....then is a BIOS or motherboard problem, even tho bios i have last version F4

Apr 21, 2023
I see thank you for the reply, for me the problem only happens to certain games and discord crashes whenever it feels like it, I’m thinking on changing the ram and seeing it that works I’ll let you know

Apr 13, 2023
What components do you have? Because if you have like mines or a 3080 or hight and a high end cpu, i think 850 is not enaught, and also the psu quality also counts.

But let me knwo if u have problems after switch rams.

Did you tried to change XMP profile from bios?

Apr 21, 2023
My xmp is on default,
Graphics: rx 6650 xt
Motherboard: z790 pg lightning
Cpu: 13th Gen Intel core i5-13600k 3.50 ghz
Ram: Kingston fury beast rgb 16gb 2x8 DDR5-5200 CL40
PSU: RM850x 80 plus gold

I don’t I have the oldest version
It seems like you have a memory issue, and the fact that the memory you do have is not on the QVO list from the motherboard seems to suggest that further. Try to get a memory kit that is not too fast (6400 mghz or slower) and is on your motherboards QVO list and post back.
Thats not good. Well my memory code is: KF572C38RSA-16
If you search it, you can find it on motherboard ram memory compatibility.

I think there is somehow the problem. Do you have BIOS last version updated?
The thing about memory is that just because its on your motherboards QVO list does not guarantee that it will work with your PC. This is because the memory controller is on the CPU and that if you pick a particularly fast kit of ram, like 7200 mghz, you can still have these issues. I would try setting XMP in the BIOS and then manually lowering the speed to 6400 - 6000 mghz. This will set the timings to the XMP profile but then lower the speed for stability. This is also not fool proof though, because the timings on the XMP profile themselves may be too tight for the memory controller as well. I assume this is the kit of RAM that you have? If so try XMP profile #2 or #3 and check for issues. I would also check for windows corruption by typing the following command into an admin privilege command prompt; "sfc /scannow" This will check for corruption and try to fix it. Post back with the results.

Apr 21, 2023
Unfortunately the new ram I bought that is compatible with my motherboard and is 32 gb of ram instead of 16 made no difference and I’m still experiencing this issue

Unfortunately the new ram I bought that is compatible with my motherboard and is 32 gb of ram instead of 16 made no difference and I’m still experiencing this issue
Wait, so when you said you had 7200mghz ram, you really had 5200mghz ram? you need to test every single stick of RAM. The test link you sent only showed 1 stick being tested, so either you only tested one, you tested both but only posted one result, or you have a stick of ram that is not being detected. What are the exact setting you set the RAM kit to in BIOS to reduce the issues you were facing?

Apr 13, 2023
Did you only test one stick of the RAM? Are they in slots 2 and 4? Have you tried reseating the RAM? If lowering the RAM speeds to default has reduced the occurrence rate of issues that means you have at least 1 issue with either the RAM, Motherboard, or CPU/memory controller.
Ok so, i had only one stick of ram, until today. I have set the default xmp profile and the problems dont occure that often. Today i receive the second ram stick, so i have 32 gbs rn. I will test to see if the memory was the problem since i did not have enaught, if the problem still ocurr i will test with the other stick. I also have sticks put rn in 2 and 4 slots.
So now they are running 4800mhz - what should i do? should i put them back both to 7200 to see if i still have prtoblems?

Ok so, i had only one stick of ram, until today. I have set the default xmp profile and the problems dont occure that often. Today i receive the second ram stick, so i have 32 gbs rn. I will test to see if the memory was the problem since i did not have enaught, if the problem still ocurr i will test with the other stick. I also have sticks put rn in 2 and 4 slots.
So now they are running 4800mhz - what should i do? should i put them back both to 7200 to see if i still have prtoblems?
Okay so let me get this straight. You have this RAM? If so everything in my last post about speeds and CPUs still applies. If your CPU's memory controller cannot handle 7200mghz then you can run into memory issues like the ones you say you are experiencing. Please check your motherboard manual for what slot to put only 1 stick of RAM in. Sometimes it is not slot #2.

Look at the PDF I linked for your RAM stick. It says that it has 3 XMP profiles of various different speeds. Try the XMP profile #3 from that PDF. If there is no option for XMP profile #3 in the BIOS do the following; For one of the two sticks of ram (only 1 stick installed in slot #2), set the XMP profile to the 7200mghz speed, and then manually set the speed and timings mentioned in that PDF for XMP profile #3. Do a memtest with those settings. If it passes, then repeat the test again with the second stick of RAM. If that passes install both sticks in slots #2 and #4, check BIOS to confirm that the speed and timings for XMP profile #3 are correct.

You could run into issues not buying the ram sticks as part of a kit. The manufacturers of the RAM sell the sticks in kits of 2, 4, 8, et cetera, because they test beforehand that the sticks all work in conjunction with each other at the specified speeds and timings they advertise for the kit. This is obviously separate from your initial issue because you only had one stick of RAM, however, because now you have two individually sold sticks of the same ram you can run into this issue and if you do have this issue it will further complicate diagnosing your initial issue.

Apr 13, 2023
I stil have issues and i dont know how to solve them :( ... i ran same occt tests and i receive alot of errors

00:00:00 - Info - Test schedule started at 2023-06-05 21:24:13
00:00:00 - Info - CPU - Started (Duration : 00:05:00)
00:00:03 - Error - CPU - 5 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:04 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:05 - Error - CPU - 7 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:06 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:07 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:08 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:01:28 - Info - CPU - Stopped
00:01:28 - Info - Test schedule stopped by user request

And its alot more than i posted here ... what you suggest to do?

I stil have issues and i dont know how to solve them :( ... i ran same occt tests and i receive alot of errors

00:00:00 - Info - Test schedule started at 2023-06-05 21:24:13
00:00:00 - Info - CPU - Started (Duration : 00:05:00)
00:00:03 - Error - CPU - 5 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:04 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:05 - Error - CPU - 7 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:06 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:07 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:00:08 - Error - CPU - 6 error(s) found on physical core #3 (Virtual core #6)
00:01:28 - Info - CPU - Stopped
00:01:28 - Info - Test schedule stopped by user request

And its alot more than i posted here ... what you suggest to do?
You never answered my questions from my last post. Please read through the posts again so we are all on the same page. One of three things could be happening here. 1st, RAM issues. 2nd, Motherboard issues. 3rd, CPU issues. RAM issues are common and vary wildly. Motherboard issues are similar in scope to RAM issues. CPU issues are rare, and usually cause very bizarre issues if the work enough to boot you into an OS.