• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question High End PC running terribly slow

CANMAN46

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
So in April of 2017, I built a high-end gaming PC. The specs are as follows
Processor: i5-7500
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 8GB DDR4
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

For the past year and a half, it has run games flawlessly at max settings. However, in recent time (about 2 or 3 months), the PC has run rather abysmally in the same games it easily ran before. Certain games that ran at 100+ fps consistently have now begin to run at ~60> fps with frequent stuttering. Even basic games like TF2 have taken a substantial hit. I've kept up to date with the GPU drivers, and I have kept my HDD around 50% capacity, as well as disabling the antivirus on my computer; but nothing has worked. Does anybody have suggestions? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you :)

Mar 14, 2019
So in April of 2017, I built a high-end gaming PC. The specs are as follows
Processor: i5-7500
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 8GB DDR4
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

For the past year and a half, it has run games flawlessly at max settings. However, in recent time (about 2 or 3 months), the PC has run rather abysmally in the same games it easily ran before. Certain games that ran at 100+ fps consistently have now begin to run at ~60> fps with frequent stuttering. Even basic games like TF2 have taken a substantial hit. I've kept up to date with the GPU drivers, and I have kept my HDD around 50% capacity, as well as disabling the antivirus on my computer; but nothing has worked. Does anybody have suggestions? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you :)
Are your drivers updated? Like your gpu, mobo, etc.

C0v3r

Great
Jun 9, 2019
psu make and model pls
also u need more ram most games are starting to be really ram heavy. one thing it could be too is the cpu

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS