Aug 2, 2016
So in April of 2017, I built a high-end gaming PC. The specs are as follows
Processor: i5-7500
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 8GB DDR4
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

For the past year and a half, it has run games flawlessly at max settings. However, in recent time (about 2 or 3 months), the PC has run rather abysmally in the same games it easily ran before. Certain games that ran at 100+ fps consistently have now begin to run at ~60> fps with frequent stuttering. Even basic games like TF2 have taken a substantial hit. I've kept up to date with the GPU drivers, and I have kept my HDD around 50% capacity, as well as disabling the antivirus on my computer; but nothing has worked. Does anybody have suggestions? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you :)

Mar 14, 2019
So in April of 2017, I built a high-end gaming PC. The specs are as follows
Processor: i5-7500
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 8GB DDR4
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

For the past year and a half, it has run games flawlessly at max settings. However, in recent time (about 2 or 3 months), the PC has run rather abysmally in the same games it easily ran before. Certain games that ran at 100+ fps consistently have now begin to run at ~60> fps with frequent stuttering. Even basic games like TF2 have taken a substantial hit. I've kept up to date with the GPU drivers, and I have kept my HDD around 50% capacity, as well as disabling the antivirus on my computer; but nothing has worked. Does anybody have suggestions? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you :)
Are your drivers updated? Like your gpu, mobo, etc.