High end PC with low end performance

Jun 5, 2018
Hey guys,
So when i first built this pc like 3 weeks ago, i downloaded csgo right after a fresh windows 10 install just to see how many fps i would get, and i got 1,300. I then downloaded all the drivers for everything and made sure all my softwares worked and then i overclocked my cpu to 4.7 ghz by setting turbo boost from AUTO to ON.

Now when i play csgo im getting roughy ~220~ fps. When i play Overwatch im getting 80-100 fps, and when i play pubg i get 130fps. Why did my comp suddenly drop so much in performance and why am i getting performance dips consistently? I dont think im thermally throttling because my cpu temps stay in the 35-45 degrees and gpu in csgo is at 40 degress but in overwatch and pubg (more gpu intensive games) it goes to 65-73 degrees.

So with my system, your telling me one of the top 10 cpu's on the market and one of the top 5 gpu on the market, im only getting 230 fps in csgo and 90-100 in overwatch?!?!? Nuh-uh, something is not right.

My system:
CPU: i7-8700k @ 4.7Ghz (bios OC)
GPU: msi aero 1080-Ti
RAM: Adata 32gb DDR4 @ 2400mhz
MOBO: MSI Z370 A-Pro
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 240Gb + 2x 240Gb SSD's in RAID 0 (thanks to windows 10 disk management)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62
PSU: EVGA 750Watt 80+Platinum

Pictures of temps/load/fps using NZXT CAM:
https://ibb.co/fx3Av8
https://ibb.co/dxUUa8
https://ibb.co/kdxFF8

I tried disk defrag (im using 3 ssd's)
I tried closing most background proccesses
I tried scanning comp for viruses using windows defender
I tried closing all tabs of chrome and literally every other application

idk what else to do

Jun 5, 2018
I did all of that and i have power settings as high performance in both power options and Nvidia control panel, still sitting at 210 fps in csgo and 90 in Overwatch. Anything else?

Jun 5, 2018
Ok then ya, I installed the latest windows chipset driver like 3 weeks ago when I built the system. Anything else that could be screwing up my performance? I'm hesitant to do this, but I'm thinking of uninstalling nvidia control panel and experience as they tend to tamper with game settings. Any ideas?

R0GG

Distinguished
Good idea, worth the try because of the multiple redundant game settings/ profiles between Geforce experience panel and Nvidia control panel, although disabling in-game streaming options in GeForce experience would usually suffice to insure it's not impacting gaming performance.

Jun 5, 2018
Ok, so I found the solution for my gpu...kinda. In overwatch, i had screen scaling set to 200% which is basically 2x the resolution of what it was running at. I have a 1080p 180hz monitor so overwatch was putting out 2160p which i think is 4k right? After i set my scaling down to 100% to output 1080p resolution, im now getting 240-ish fps which is a little better. (i still think thats a bit low for one of the best gpu's out there right now but wtev, its good enough)

However something is still holding back my cpu because csgo is a cpu intensive game, and other people with 8700k's are getting 650+ fps and im getting 210...any ideas?