[SOLVED] High end rig not meeting expectations. What am i missing?

Sep 17, 2019
I built my first custom pc after doing alot of research on parts trying to make the best one i could afford. I mainly play heavy performance games at 1440p. And my rig seems to handle them pretty well, but not to the extent i’d like it to.

SPECS:
165hz MSI Monitor
MSI B360-F Pro motherboard
Intel i7-8700
2 8gb sticks of ram
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 super
500GB SSD
2TB HDD
550w PSU.

My cooling is more than fine.
Example of performance: Modern Warfare at the lowest possible settings at 1440p will not even keep over 120 frames. i dont know whats holding my system back. Im aiming for 165 frames at 1440p.

Can someone tell me what im missing?

Solution
I built my first custom pc after doing alot of research on parts trying to make the best one i could afford. I mainly play heavy performance games at 1440p. And my rig seems to handle them pretty well, but not to the extent i’d like it to.

SPECS:
165hz MSI Monitor
Intel i7-8700
2 8gb sticks of ram
500GB SSD
2TB HDD
550w PSU.

Example of performance: Modern Warfare at the lowest possible settings at 1440p will not even keep over 120 frames. i dont know whats holding my system back. Im aiming for 165 frames at 1440p.

Is your RAM running at the right speed? What speed is your RAM? If it has XMP, have you...

SPECS:
165hz MSI Monitor
Intel i7-8700
2 8gb sticks of ram
500GB SSD
2TB HDD
550w PSU.

Is your RAM running at the right speed? What speed is your RAM? If it has XMP, have you enabled that in BIOS? Your PSU is like the black sheep of your build, why do you have a 550W PSU with a 2070S? I highly recommend you go for a good quality 650W or more, this may be the issue BUT usually when PSUs cant give the right amount of power needed by components, games or even the system just crashes so I cant say for sure.

I still recommend you change it tho and as soon as possible.

Solution