[SOLVED] High-End RTX 3080 Ryzen 5 5600x build advice

terrovax18

Reputable
Nov 17, 2017
So I'm planning to get a new pc around early 2021, and I don't have much pc knowledge, but based on what I have googled, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DjxGqp - is this good? I'm planning to go for a higher end 3080 build if that makes sense. I'm planning to both overclock both my CPU and GPU so if you guys have any cooling recommendations please do tell :) Max budget is around $3000, can exceed by small amount, do you guys have any recommendations or tips for my build? And the stuff I'm mostly going to do on the computer is playing games in 4k, some competitive games, and I do video editing, so a good ssd is a hard requirement, thanks for reading

Solution
So I'm planning to get a new pc around early 2021, and I don't have much pc knowledge, but based on what I have googled, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DjxGqp - is this good? I'm planning to go for a higher end 3080 build if that makes sense. I'm planning to both overclock both my CPU and GPU so if you guys have any cooling recommendations please do tell :) Max budget is around $3000, can exceed by small amount, do you guys have any recommendations or tips for my build? And the stuff I'm mostly going to do on the computer is playing games in 4k, some competitive games, and I do video editing, so a good ssd is a hard requirement, thanks for reading
You are actually cheaping out on your processor what ill recommend if you...
You are actually cheaping out on your processor what ill recommend if you wanna play games at 4k and productivity would be a ryzen 9 5900x nothing below, if you check there are many warning in pc partpicker for ; noctua's cpu cooler will require an external mount, x570 will work but might require a bios update and due to the big cooler not enough clearance for ram. Also you don't exactly need to get a thermal compound as it comes pre applied on the cooler however if you plan on maintaing your pc by yourselves so not a problem. Windows could be brought alot cheaper from URcdkey. And imo id go with a liquid cooler for overclocking like nzxt z73/63. Now i highly recommend you to watch some reviews for Mobo and the CPU especially to know how much OC potential the cpu has since ryzen aren't known for their oc. You could also consider getting RX6800XT which launched recently and pairing it with a 500 series Mobo and a 5000 series processors
which gives you alot more features and since you are planning to get it on early 2021 you have alot of time to think and select the best part for you.

Solution