Jul 22, 2022
From like 3 months my games are feeling very laggy/choppy while having a good fps ( feels like im on 50-60fps or something ) . I dont know what casues it, but i wanna fix it because i play competitive games and i need this fixed. Its only video laggy no audio, and the mouse is not laggy or anything its not in the desktop, only in games. I have tried downloading and uninstalling the old drivers from DDU and download the newest ones and this did help a bit but didnt fix the problem at all.
My specs:

GPU: 1070 (old one its like 4 years old and i wanna change it to see if its gonna fix the problem, and also never changed the thermal paste)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 ( 2 years old, never changed the thermal paste too )
Motherboard : B450 Steel Legend
Power suply : 750w i dont really know what it is but its not the problem trust i have changed it but the problem is still there.
RAM: 2x 8gb AKA 16, 3200mhz but runing on 3066mhz because im blue screening on 3200mhz idk why i cant use xmp in the bios.
SSD: 240gb ( a really old one )
HHD: 320gb ( also really old )
Monitor : AOC 165hz + using a old dispaly port cable and have tried brand new hdmi cable but i have 144hz on it so i cant run 165hz, thats why i dont play with the hdmi.

If anyone can help that will be gratefull <3.

Jul 22, 2022
Please run UserBenchMark and post a link to the results page.
Is your rig or components overheating ?
I dont know what is this UserBenchMark sorry its just because i play only one game competitively and i dont understand any other things i just want my game to run as normal so if u can explain to me what is this and from where i can download it that would be nice + My 1070 is like 50c like playing because the game is really cpu based but i dont know from where i can see my temperatures on my cpu because usually i check from the afterburner but its only for GPUs there.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
I dont know what is this UserBenchMark sorry its just because i play only one game competitively and i dont understand any other things i just want my game to run as normal so if u can explain to me what is this and from where i can download it that would be nice + My 1070 is like 50c like playing because the game is really cpu based but i dont know from where i can see my temperatures on my cpu because usually i check from the afterburner but its only for GPUs there.

UserBenchMark is a tool that gives baseline data for your system so you can see what might be causing your issues.

UserBenchMark is considered by some as junk science.
But, running it can't hurt.

I would like to assess the single thread performance of your 3600.
Run the cpu-Z bench and look at the single thread rating.
You should get a number like 515:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/ptjz47
To check the possibility that you might be thermal throttling, start Hwmonitor.
After gaming, look at the minimum temperatures. I might guess 40c. would be ok.
If you see 95c. in red as a high temperature, you have throttled until the situation corrects itself.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Assuming you're not overclocking anything, go into your Windows power settings and make sure "High Performance" is enabled, instead of "Adaptive." The adaptive setting has been known to create lag spikes.
If this does not work or if High Performance is already enabled, go into your graphics driver settings and play around with the different settings for V-Sync. What ever this is currently set on could be causing the issue as well.

Jul 22, 2022
Assuming you're not overclocking anything, go into your Windows power settings and make sure "High Performance" is enabled, instead of "Adaptive." The adaptive setting has been known to create lag spikes.
If this does not work or if High Performance is already enabled, go into your graphics driver settings and play around with the different settings for V-Sync. What ever this is currently set on could be causing the issue as well.
i have tried every g sync option and v sync it didnt help i think its just something in the pc or idk ive preinstalled my pc several times before and it was still the same thing hopefully when i change my gpu it will fix the problem

Jul 22, 2022

If you see 95c. in red as a high temperature, you have throttled until the situation corrects itself.
Yeah but ur really talking me to other language bro xd. I didnt understand everything but i will put thermal paste on the cpu soon and that will fix the temperatures if they are even bad + I udnerstood that i have to download the CPU-z thing and see if my cpu is around 515?

Jul 22, 2022

i downloaded the cpu-z thing now what should i send u?