Question High fps + GSync enabled getting screen tearing (new compronents)

Jun 1, 2019
I've recently changed my motherboard for a Z390 Aorus Master, and my 4790k for a 9900k + new sticks of ram (Corsair Vengeance RBG pro 2x16) DDR4 3200.

My problem began yesterday when I tested my new rig in few different games, I am suffering of screen tearing even though my fps is high on my 144hz monitor with G sync enabled, I've tried to enable and disable V sync and it's the same.
I got told that my BIOS could be outdated so I took a look and it was so I updated it to the current version (F8), rebooted my computer and tried the same games again and the same problem persist.

When I had my older rig everything were running just fine and smooth, which should be the case now too, even smoother, I tried to reinstall my GPU driver for my MSI 1080 ti and same problem ...

Please help me out ! Thank you.

Jun 1, 2019
Can you tell us the approximate FPS you get in some game, at a certain detail setting? Also, check in your display driver settings that the monitor is actually at 144 Hz and not something below it.
it's at 144hz, for example I get 144fps in rocket league but I still see screen tearing and its bad, really bad, it never happened before I've changed my mobo, cpu and ram, just now. It happens on every games I play.

I even tried to re sit my gpu on another PCI-E slot but no luck..

Then its not a problem with the monitor or the GPU. I know you've already done this, but do it again just to be perfectly sure - use DDU to remove the drivers again, and reinstall the latest version. Also reinstall Windows again. Reset your BIOS settings to default.

Jun 1, 2019
Then its not a problem with the monitor or the GPU. I know you've already done this, but do it again just to be perfectly sure - use DDU to remove the drivers again, and reinstall the latest version. Also reinstall Windows again. Reset your BIOS settings to default.
do you think it could be a CPU problem ?

do you think it could be a CPU problem ?

It could be, but this would be a very weird way for a CPU problem to manifest. You could try stress testing the CPU to see if it has any problems performing under stress - use AIDA64.

Another thing you can do is to check for bent pins - remove the CPU cooler, clean up the thermal paste, then check for bent pins on the socket. If there are any bent pins, you can watch tutorials on YouTube on how to fix them. Otherwise, place the CPU back in, apply some new thermal paste(make sure to remove the older one completely) and reinstall your cooler.

At this point I would start talking to manufacturers about returning the parts, because almost every software problem has been knocked off the list, and the problem only occurred when you installed new hardware, so it's highly likely that one or more parts are defective.

PS: What is the make and model of your PSU? Make sure all the connections in your PC are done correctly and tightly. The 9900K probably requires multiple power connectors, have you plugged in all of them?