Question High GPU Hotspot Temps on Rog Strix 3060 Ti

Feb 20, 2023
So

Got a 3060 Ti Rog Strix, it's 1,5 years old, no OC, card hasn't been opened or tampered with at all.
Recently got tuner and monitor programs to beef up the old CPU (8700 i7) to keep up with it, and noticed that GPU Global Temps and GPU hotspot temps were 14c apart in idle (36c and 50c) and under load 25c apart (62-68 and 87-95)
The whole point of buying a crazy expensive, and not really needed on a 3060 ti, ROG STRIX model was that I expected temps to be really good and therefore have the card last for a long time.
And the global temp also suggests this, but that high of difference between Global and Hot Spot doesn't seem right on a stock card.
Am I right in being worried?

the temperature of your card all depends on the amount of cool intake air being provided to it and the amount of heated air being exhausted away from it.

without a detailed description and/or images of the internal system no one has any clue what type of system-wide cooling you have in place and how it may be affecting your card.

Reactions: AirBobOne
Feb 20, 2023
@JohnBonhamsGhost

I have a h510i, which I now realize is horrible for airflow. Never mattered with my 1060 or 2060, so figured it wouldn't matter with the 3060ti, im guessing the exposed part on the back isn't happy about sitting right under the cpu, with almost no air intake, if I take the sidepanel off, should that tell me if that's the problem, or is moving air the most important part?