[SOLVED] High GPU temp - - - What could it be?

Aug 20, 2019
GTX 580 DIRECTCU ll
Cleaned pc case
Cleaned Gpu sink
Applied new thermal paste
Tested with open case endless times
updated drivers...
underclockkin with msi...

Good case Airflow my cpu temp never cross 65 C

....no mather what i do my gpu tem is 100 C or more.

I know it is an old card but... it is just unexplainable (at least for me)
)

anyone had same issue
🤔

Solution
Yes. But it usually involves extenuating circumstances. Like having fans that are old and will not spin upto necessary speeds under loads. 1 fan out of 2 has quit totally but isn't visible because of space and the second fan is now spinning faster and louder to try and compensate, so ppl can hear the fans spinning, but it's really only just the one, not both. Windows upgrades messed with their SpeedFan, so it looks like it's working but really isn't, so fan speeds are not changing under load. Or even ppl messing around with their fan curves/OC settings and absent mindedly set a constant 30% fan instead of resetting to auto.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. But it usually involves extenuating circumstances. Like having fans that are old and will not spin upto necessary speeds under loads. 1 fan out of 2 has quit totally but isn't visible because of space and the second fan is now spinning faster and louder to try and compensate, so ppl can hear the fans spinning, but it's really only just the one, not both. Windows upgrades messed with their SpeedFan, so it looks like it's working but really isn't, so fan speeds are not changing under load. Or even ppl messing around with their fan curves/OC settings and absent mindedly set a constant 30% fan instead of resetting to auto.

Reactions: IamZengi
Solution