Arno__Dorian

Honorable
Oct 17, 2015
Hi guys, I have a redragon sideswipe casing with 3 120mm fans in the front ( included ) and one 120 mm fan at the back ( included ). The gpu temperature reaches around 80-81 C while gaming and while its not a big deal, i still want to lower it. There is space for 3 120mm fans at the power box so my question is that will placing fans at these empty spots help in cooling and maintaining low temperatures ? If so, then how much lower will the temperatures be ? The pc doesnt have a great airflow . I have an rtx 2080 and core i7 8700 ( liquid cooled ). Any help will be much appreciated . Thank you :)).

Solution
No. I believe they are hooked up to a fan hub that can be accessed from the back of the mobo tray. All the case fans on that hub will spin at the same speed, but one end of that should still go to the mobo for control.
Looking at the case, I don't see any place for fans at the top, and only one 120 mm fan at the rear. Correct me if I am looking at the wrong specs, but this could be part of your problem. The area at the bottom, where the power supply is, appears to be cut off from the upper part of the case. It looks like the extra fans would go on top of the power supply. Frankly, that looks like a noisier idea than anything else.

What speed does that rear fan spin at? I didn't see speeds listed on their website. If I were stuck with that case, I would want a fan of at last 1500 RPM in the rear.

Reactions: Arno__Dorian

Arno__Dorian

Honorable
Oct 17, 2015
Looking at the case, I don't see any place for fans at the top, and only one 120 mm fan at the rear. Correct me if I am looking at the wrong specs, but this could be part of your problem. The area at the bottom, where the power supply is, appears to be cut off from the upper part of the case. It looks like the extra fans would go on top of the power supply. Frankly, that looks like a noisier idea than anything else.

What speed does that rear fan spin at? I didn't see speeds listed on their website. If I were stuck with that case, I would want a fan of at last 1500 RPM in the rear.
You are not wrong about the specs and honestly even i dont know what speeds the case fans operate at. They are not connected to the motherboard so i cant monitor their speeds using a software.However, the question still remains; will extra case fans above the power supply help in maintaining lower temperatures ? Or will the GPU temperatures remain unaffected ?