Question High GPU temperatures on idle ?

MarsLlss

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
I have a gtx 1660 super gaming x, and four fans two exhaust and two on front, for some reason my gpu keeps its temperatures around 57-62 on idle so the fans start working at 60c and stop at like 58 and then the temperature goes high again and does this cycle all the time, the gpu isn't being used at all only by runtime broker and even tho i had three worst fans before and upgraded to more and better fans the temps didn't change at all.

I have a gtx 1660 super gaming x, and four fans two exhaust and two on front, for some reason my gpu keeps its temperatures around 57-62 on idle so the fans start working at 60c and stop at like 58 and then the temperature goes high again and does this cycle all the time, the gpu isn't being used at all only by runtime broker and even tho i had three worst fans before and upgraded to more and better fans the temps didn't change at all.

What's the temperature in the room with the PC? Doesn't have to be exact, take a guess.
I'd try running a GPU stress test, and see what the temperatures are under a heavy load. If the temperatures are too high, and the fans ramp up to 100% and still fail to cool it down, you likely would benefit from repasting and applying new thermal pads.

If the temperatures under load are fine, sounds like you may just need to adjust your fan curve a little higher so the fans stay off . Those temps are not typical for a true idle situation, but if it's fine underload I wouldn't worry about it.