i5-4690k
Asrock z97-pro4
Hyper Evo 212
HiS R9 285
Corsair 200r Case
g.skill ripjaws 2x4 gb of ram.
840 evo SSD
wd blue HDD

I'm showing temps at above 70F degrees while idle and 90F while under minimal stress. Is this normal?

World of Warcraft being the "minimal" stress here in this screenshot:
LN7ircF.png

http://i.imgur.com/LN7ircF.png?1

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Rawshi,

ASRock A-Tuning is reading CPU temperature, which is a different sensor than the Core temperature sensors, and may not be accurate. Please use Core Temp or Real Temp to measure your Core temperatures.

Here's why:

Intel desktop processors have thermal sensors for each Core, plus a sensor for the entire processor, so a Dual Core has 3 sensors. Heat originates within the Cores where Digital sensors measure Core temperatures. A single Analog sensor under the Cores measures overall CPU temperature.

Core temperature is 5C higher than CPU temperature due to sensor location. Intel's Thermal Specification is "Tcase", which is CPU temperature, not Core Temperature. Tcase for the i5 4690K is 72C. Tcase + 5 makes the Core temperature 77C.

The relationship between Core temperature and CPU temperature is not in the Thermal Specifications; it's only found in a few engineering documents.

The Analog value from the CPU sensor is converted to Digital (A to D) by the Super I/O (Input / Output) chip on the motherboard, then is calibrated to look-up tables coded into BIOS for each socket-compatible processor.

The monitoring utilities provided by motherboard manufacturers on your Driver DVD reads CPU temperature. Thermal code can vary greatly between BIOS suppliers and version updates, and can be wrong by up to 30C. BIOS or CPU temperature may not be accurate.

Processor temperatures are always measured using the Centigrade scale. Also, the standard method of measurement is Core temperature.

CT :sol:

TRENDING THREADS