Question High idle ram usage 89-96% Please help me :(

Blacksheep38

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
Hello all :)

The last time I used this pc was 4 days ago, as I left on a holiday. Before then my idle ram usage would sit between 40-50% which is fine as this is an All-in-one PC with well poor specs I suppose?

Anyway, I've done a multitude of virus scans and malware scans to try and figure out the issue.

I forgot to list the specs above sorry, they are as follows:

Windows 10 home 64bit build 17134

CPU - Intel Core i7-3770S never overclocked (If you can even)

Ram - 8GB (Unsure of brand)

System Manufactuer - HP

Extra details with DxDiag

Page file 16565MB used, 3029MB available

System Model 23-c022a

Bios 8.08

Direct X 12

GPU - GeForce GT 630M

I will provide any needed info on request. Thank you for any help

Blacksheep38

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
Go into Task Manager and look at what is using the RAM usage.
If this does not give enough detail, go to Resource Monitor and check what processes are using RAM usage.
I've checked both and it doesn't add up at all. I'll post a couple screen shots and sorry for the late reply.

ADW cleaner by malewarebytes removes adware installs nothing
I've done the scan and it has the results but I'm not entirely sure what I would be allowed to remove, as this is a family PC and the dad wants everything left as is.

It may just be that Windows is putting things in the cache after programs run. If so, that's not a problem; it allows faster access to these programs in subsequent use.
Would modifying the page file cache to 1 so it resets upon shutdown be a way to stop all this excess data being used? As I can't even really open another program without the PC coming to a halt.

Sorry for the late reply all, thank you so much for assisting me in this matter.
I'm not sure how to upload the images here so I've used imgur if that's allowed.

Malwarebytes and Task Manager, Resource Monitor Usage

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I've done the scan and it has the results but I'm not entirely sure what I would be allowed to remove, as this is a family PC and the dad wants everything left as is.
Malwarebytes and Task Manager, Resource Monitor Usage
You should remove all the PUPs that were found. I recognize 6 of those on that list. They're all garbage bloatware that don't really do anything.
I looked up the ones I didn't recognize and found they're no good either. Except for the Legacy one that name is given to PUPs that haven't been classified yet.

Reactions: Blacksheep38

Blacksheep38

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
You should remove all the PUPs that were found. I recognize 6 of those on that list. They're all garbage bloatware that don't really do anything.
I looked up the ones I didn't recognize and found they're no good either. Except for the Legacy one that name is given to PUPs that haven't been classified yet.
Alright thank you, I'll try to convince the dad to let me remove them. Far as I know the man actually paid for premium licenses on a few of them :/

Reactions: Phaaze88