[SOLVED] High Idle Temps on 3900x

Cyes-

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
My 3900x is idling at about 70 degrees Celsius. I'm using the stock cooler and I running at stock speeds. I went into BIOS and changed my fan speed to 100% at all times just to see if that changed anything and I am still sitting at very high temps. When gaming, even on non-intensive games, my CPU jumps up to high 80's low 90's. My utilization during these times are 20% or less. I just bought this CPU yesterday and I am confused why its running so high. My core voltage is also fluctuating from 1.38-1.5 at idle. I have seen multiple threads about the voltage fluctuation problem, but my main problem is my temps. I know that the stock coolers isn't that great, but I shouldn't be getting these high of temps at stock speeds and the fan at 100%. Any information will help.

My 3900x is idling at about 70 degrees Celsius. I'm using the stock cooler and I running at stock speeds. I went into BIOS and changed my fan speed to 100% at all times just to see if that changed anything and I am still sitting at very high temps. When gaming, even on non-intensive games, my CPU jumps up to high 80's low 90's. My utilization during these times are 20% or less. I just bought this CPU yesterday and I am confused why its running so high. My core voltage is also fluctuating from 1.38-1.5 at idle. I have seen multiple threads about the voltage fluctuation problem, but my main problem is my temps. I know that the stock coolers isn't that great, but I shouldn't be getting these high of temps at stock speeds and the fan at 100%. Any information will help.

What program are you using to measure the temps?

It looks like your cooler is not seated properly. Also i hope there was pre-installed thermal paste on the stock cooler.