Question High idle temps since bios update

shottyjotty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
I've recently updated by BIOS for my MSI Pro Carbon x470 mobo and my idle temps seem to have jumped. Before the update I was idling at about 35 degrees, now it idles at 60, though only getting to about 65-70 when stress testing. So I would assume those idle temps should be a lot lower. Normally I would just say screw it but those are a really high idle temps. Ive underclocked, undervolted, and put all my fans to 100 percent and I can't get anywhere below 55.

Is anyone else with an MSI board having a similar issue? Not sure what to do as I can't downgrade the bios.

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on aftermarket cooling?

Which BIOS version are you on? Did you manually update the BIOS or did you use a third party app(like Dragon Center)? Are those temps in BIOS or seen on a thermal monitoring app?

shottyjotty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on aftermarket cooling?

Which BIOS version are you on? Did you manually update the BIOS or did you use a third party app(like Dragon Center)? Are those temps in BIOS or seen on a thermal monitoring app?

I actually realised that MSI software was causing this. Recommend disabling all MSI technologies