[SOLVED] High jitter, slow upload speeds, but download speeds are fine. Are my signal levels OK?

Rad3on

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Hello!
I'm on a wired connection (direct to my modem/router) and I'm having problems with high ping jitter and slow upload speeds (I'm supposed to get 12mb but I'm only getting 7mb). I've tried resetting the modem and plugging it off and on again, but no dice. Can someone check whether my signal values are OK?

IkCiFOG.png

Thank you! :D

Solution
I am somewhat surprised that even works. Powerlevels are to low but the SNR is good. The upstream power is still within the limit that it will function but it well above what is recommended.

Check you cabling inside your house. If you can try to plug the modem it where the cable comes into the house and see if the numbers improve. This is mostly so when you call the ISP they don't come out and say its your wires in your house and they want to charge you a service call.

The ISP will know these numbers are bad if you call them and come out and fix it.

Not sure if that is causing the jitter or not. I assume you mean you have a 12mbps upload rate. The download rate with 8 channels should be able to run hundreds of mbit/sec
I am somewhat surprised that even works. Powerlevels are to low but the SNR is good. The upstream power is still within the limit that it will function but it well above what is recommended.

Check you cabling inside your house. If you can try to plug the modem it where the cable comes into the house and see if the numbers improve. This is mostly so when you call the ISP they don't come out and say its your wires in your house and they want to charge you a service call.

The ISP will know these numbers are bad if you call them and come out and fix it.

Not sure if that is causing the jitter or not. I assume you mean you have a 12mbps upload rate. The download rate with 8 channels should be able to run hundreds of mbit/sec

Solution

Rad3on

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

Ha! I had found some guides on the Internet that suggested the values were fine, but I still suspected something was up.

I'll do that, thanks for your advice! And yes, I did mean 12mbps upload speed!