[SOLVED] High Memory Usage Issue.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
I have Win 10, with 4Gb of Memory. Lately I have been notiching it is running at 70-80% memory % all the time. Whether its web browsing, word documenting, etc. Is this just because Win 10 depends more then 4Gb of memory? If so would another stick of 4Gb potentially solve my issue? Thanks!

Solution
I have Win 10, with 4Gb of Memory. Lately I have been notiching it is running at 70-80% memory % all the time. Whether its web browsing, word documenting, etc. Is this just because Win 10 depends more then 4Gb of memory? If so would another stick of 4Gb potentially solve my issue? Thanks!

Hello!
Yes, in 2021 we need a lot more than just 4GB of memory (16GB being the “sweet spot” for general users).
If you can upgrade your amount of memory to 8GB, that will be very beneficial.

Warning:
Please don’t mix RAM modules, as they might not work well together.
If I were you, I’d buy a kit (2x 4GB or 2x 8GB from the QVL list of your motherboard) and sell the old RAM module.

Endre

Reputable

Hello!
Yes, in 2021 we need a lot more than just 4GB of memory (16GB being the “sweet spot” for general users).
If you can upgrade your amount of memory to 8GB, that will be very beneficial.

Warning:
Please don’t mix RAM modules, as they might not work well together.
If I were you, I’d buy a kit (2x 4GB or 2x 8GB from the QVL list of your motherboard) and sell the old RAM module.

Solution