[SOLVED] High package temp

XSR

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2012

Package temperature reaching 70C
CPU is Ryzen 3600 with Freezer 34 eSports

is it too high?

Solution
Might want to give HWInfo64 a try for monitoring; AMD has told me in the past that it is more accurate then any of the others with their cpus.
Also, the AMD website lists 95 C as a max temperature and you are below that. (Note in your second screen shot it only shows 59C). Did you ever run your PC with the Wraith Spire (stock) cooler? They are said to be very good and my wife's keeps here CPU (a 125watt unit) in the low 60'swhen gaming.
Last thing to look at: is your 'Freezer' cooler really securely mounted on your cpu. You might have to pull it off, clean it up (it and the top of the cpu with 99% isopropyl alcohol) and reapply new thermal paste.
Might want to give HWInfo64 a try for monitoring; AMD has told me in the past that it is more accurate then any of the others with their cpus.
Also, the AMD website lists 95 C as a max temperature and you are below that. (Note in your second screen shot it only shows 59C). Did you ever run your PC with the Wraith Spire (stock) cooler? They are said to be very good and my wife's keeps here CPU (a 125watt unit) in the low 60'swhen gaming.
Last thing to look at: is your 'Freezer' cooler really securely mounted on your cpu. You might have to pull it off, clean it up (it and the top of the cpu with 99% isopropyl alcohol) and reapply new thermal paste.

Solution