[SOLVED] High Performance.

Cirices

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Hello, is activating High Performance safe? Could it damage some component? Could it shorten useful life?

Solution
High Performance will make CPU run at 100% speed all the time, this could over time reduce its lifespan
If you are over clocked, and run high performance, it will mean PC runs hot all the time unless cooling is adequate for the situation.

Colif

Win 11 Master
when I first got my PC I had a software overclock provided by Asus AI Suite and I was running a special mode set up by Samsung MAgician to run SSD as efficiently as possible but a side effect is it had High Performance on. So I have lived the 100% top speed overclocked example, and I decided I didn't need max speed all the time.

PC can always boost to 100 if its needed. I don't see point in having it 100% if all you doing is checking emails or browsing web. Let CPU relax while you do :)

Cirices

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Thank you for the answer. I have the CPU overclocked to 3.9ghz. I have understood If I have CPU overclocked it will run always at the frequency I've set even in desktop. Is it right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thank you for the answer. I have the CPU overclocked to 3.9ghz. I have understood If I have CPU overclocked it will run always at the frequency I've set even in desktop. Is it right?
Yes. OC to 3.9 means thats max it will run on desktop
combined with high performance means its always at 100% speed even when idling

think mine was around that speed. its max turbo boost is 3.9 so it is likely around same. I can't recall, its 4 years ago.