High Ping And Overall Bad Speeds For No Reason I Can Tell

Feb 5, 2019
Over the last month or I have had very bad latency and my download speed hasn't been much better. When I called my ISP they told me that there was an issue with the tower I was on. After a couple of weeks, I asked them to see if the tower got fixed. They didn't tell me if it was fixed or not but they said my connection looked great. I'm not sure how this is, as I am seeing spikes up to over 10000ms and constant spikes of 2000-3000 plus on almost every server. I pay for 20 Mb/s internet, but I'm only getting around 1 Mb/s. I am on wireless, but when I connected directly to the router it only improves a little bit. When I ping google for example I see no packet loss but the ping spikes around and gets results around an average of 20ms with the maximum around 110ms. Why am I experiencing way higher ping when I play games online. I tried disconnecting devices one by one and nothing seemed to change. I have a TP-Link router. I contacted my ISP and they have been no help. Not sure what to do anymore, it doesn't matter when I am on or whos on there is also major ping spikes.

Phazoner

Distinguished
The 20mbps connection sounds like you are getting ADSL and not optical fiber. ADSL means signal loss over the distance and significantly worse stability, and ISPs, at least in Spain, tend to ignore this issues as far as you have access to the internet. Your best shot is probably changing your internet supplier.

TRENDING THREADS