High ping in local servers

Sep 23, 2018
When I create a server and my friends join, they have around 200-300ms all the time, also when they create a server and I join my ping goes to exactly 300 ping meanwhile my other friends have very low ping. How can this be solved?

Solution
Ping time is almost always a measure of distance. It can be caused by overloaded links but that tends to be intermittent.

It is very common for there to be high ping times when the communication is between countries. It can vary greatly based on the ISP you have and the agreement they have with other ISP for usage of international fiber.

Your first step is to run things like tracert between the locations and see if you can detect where the large increase is happening. Maybe you get lucky and there is some issue in your ISP that can be corrected.

Note if you do not see the issue with ping and tracert commands it means the server is not telling the truth about the delays.
Ping time is almost always a measure of distance. It can be caused by overloaded links but that tends to be intermittent.

It is very common for there to be high ping times when the communication is between countries. It can vary greatly based on the ISP you have and the agreement they have with other ISP for usage of international fiber.

Your first step is to run things like tracert between the locations and see if you can detect where the large increase is happening. Maybe you get lucky and there is some issue in your ISP that can be corrected.

Note if you do not see the issue with ping and tracert commands it means the server is not telling the truth about the delays.

Solution