[SOLVED] High ping in some games but not others

Jan 26, 2019
I have very high ping (200-2000)(sometimes for short while drops to 50) in some games (like Factorio, Farming sim 19, Terraria,Don't Starve Together or Space Engineers) but other games play just fine with 30-50 ping(Rainbow Six Siedge, all my CoD games, Metal Gear Solid V, No mans Sky).
Things i tried:
-Reinstalling games, steam etc.
-Switching from wi-fi to ethernet
-trying 3 different routers and isps
-updating network card drivers
-switching on and off QoS packets
-Disabling Windows Defender, antivirus, firewall and my routers firewall
-Fort Forwarding

I dont know what else i can try so i ask on forums for help

Solution
There is nothing in your machine or your equipment you can do to affect the path traffic takes to servers. Your only option is to send the data over the connection your ISP gives you. There likely is some issue between ISP in the path to the game server.

You can run tracert to try to find the hop where the latency takes the large increase but since these routers may not even be in your ISP control what can you possibly do.

There is no real solution. You might get one of the VPN services designed for gamers to work since they might have a different path but you would have to get very lucky. Most these services work best for people in Asian countries where some ISP do not have access to the optimum undersea fiber paths.
Jan 26, 2019

This dosen't work, all games i tested (like Overwatch, Space engineers and farming) had proper (european) servers choosen, and changing server in call of duty only only got me 200-300 ping

There is nothing in your machine or your equipment you can do to affect the path traffic takes to servers. Your only option is to send the data over the connection your ISP gives you. There likely is some issue between ISP in the path to the game server.

You can run tracert to try to find the hop where the latency takes the large increase but since these routers may not even be in your ISP control what can you possibly do.

There is no real solution. You might get one of the VPN services designed for gamers to work since they might have a different path but you would have to get very lucky. Most these services work best for people in Asian countries where some ISP do not have access to the optimum undersea fiber paths.

Solution