Question High- Ping issue

Dec 5, 2021
Hello Everyone :) ! Been on the net for quite a few days now in search of answers for the terrible ping issue I'm facing while gaming. I usually choose EU servers for my games ; although i agree the ping must be high if I'm playing from India ( i avoid the asian servers because of hackers) , but recently i moved to the UAE and its geographically close to the EU servers than what playing from India might be !

Unfortunately, i still face terrible ping issues and that too higher that what i used to get in India . I tried figuring out all the solutions provided on the net, albeit no use at all . It gets very annoying when the game starts lagging terribly and theres this worse rubber-banding that takes place every now & then .

I have no clue to fixing that issue, any suggestions or help for the same? Thanks in advance :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What game/game servers are you playing off of? As for what to fix, we're going to need to know what your networking devices are. Include the networking adapters, routers and devices tethered to your router. To add, what sort of a package are you paying for as service from your ISP?

Dec 5, 2021

What game/game servers are you playing off of? As for what to fix, we're going to need to know what your networking devices are. Include the networking adapters, routers and devices tethered to your router. To add, what sort of a package are you paying for as service from your ISP?

I usually play Battlefield 5 and i choose EU servers most of the time.
The router I use is a - Modem/Router (Fiber Optic) (2 wifi setup)

My networking adapter - Intel wireless - AC 9560 160 MHz

The devices mostly tethered to the router are my laptop and just a couple of mobile phones ( i usually turn off the wifi for the mobile devices while gaming )

Regarding the service i subscribed to, from my ISP; I am not quite sure since I am here for a temporary basis so i have no idea as such .

Dec 5, 2021

Last night, it was so frustrating to play the game since i was get a whooping 200ms ping and sometimes it even jumped to 999ms . My character was literally rubber banding across the entire map and the screen was so janky and kept stuttering that i had to quit out with a harsh sigh :(