High ping on gaming and sporadic ping when not.

inerstrength

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
So I recently got a new PC (with Windows 10) and having high pings while gaming, I have looked up of what I believe to be everything that could cause the problem (For League of Legends). Everything else works fine.

I get 120 ping on my new PC but get a normal 60 ping for my old PC.

MY new PC came with the Killer Network (killer e2200 gigabit ethernet controller) which I think is the culprit, and I updated it recently and still the problem persists. I read online that you can uninstall or something similar and not harm the PC as it is also a built in hardware. Note I cant use wireless because where I am stationed wifi cannot reach me because of something in the walls that is blocking signals.

I tried the Turn off Location in the Action Center (didn't Work)
I tried the turn off the Choose how updates are delivered (didn't Work)
I also tried to change Metered Connection via the Registry (couldn't change it due to error)
I manually Changed DNS to google DNS, heck even restarted my modem.

I am Using an Ethernet Cable directly to the Modem

MY PC is: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-...
id=bb4294517&skuId=4294517

Below is a ping test from the command prompt, and when I run the speed test online everything is fine.

ping.png
[/URL][/img]
Any Help would be appreciated
Thanks!

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
If it is a new PC, have you installed all the drivers?
One of them is supposed to optimize ethernet from what i remember (When i first installed my drivers)
And are there any programs on the background that you didnt notice when gaming?
Another possibility is the infrastructure of your house or some problems with your supplier.

inerstrength

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
The thing is there is nothing that I know of that is running in the back ground I tried Malwarebytes, McAfee virus scan, CCleaner to no avail. Also I believe I installed all the drives and updated everything.

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

These wont do anything, they are anti viruses and cleaning apps, they wont help with your ping, if your ping gets high again remember to use the task manager and look for the tasks that usr your bandwidth,