Dec 6, 2019
My ping used to be 110-120 ms for the last 3 months but yesterday I updated my windows 10 from 1806 to 1809 .
Now, my ping on SEA server is 313+ and it won't come down at all, it reaches 500ms at times.
The ping I get on EU servers is around 160-180ms.

PS: I'm from Pakistan.
I play PALADINS.

can anyone help???

Solution
I suspect it just a coincidence that you updated and the ping got higher. You have no control at all of the path the data takes to a server. Your only option is to send it to your ISP so all sites would be affected the same.

You can run a tracert to both sites and see what paths are. I suspect the first 3-4 hops are identical.

Your ISP may have made some change to their network.

In any case there is almost nothing you can do unless it is some strange bug in the game that is not using the server you think it is.

There are some special vpn that build networks that have shorter paths to some game company server locations. These are very hit and miss if they will provide any advantage. To work you would have to have a...
I suspect it just a coincidence that you updated and the ping got higher. You have no control at all of the path the data takes to a server. Your only option is to send it to your ISP so all sites would be affected the same.

You can run a tracert to both sites and see what paths are. I suspect the first 3-4 hops are identical.

In any case there is almost nothing you can do unless it is some strange bug in the game that is not using the server you think it is.

There are some special vpn that build networks that have shorter paths to some game company server locations. These are very hit and miss if they will provide any advantage. To work you would have to have a low latency connection to the vpn provider and then they would have to have a good connection to the game server. For most people in say the USA or the EU any form of vpn will be slower but when you live in a country that does not have good connections to all the international ISP it "might" help.

Only you can test these services to see if they will work and although not real expensive there is a monthly cost for vpn services. The gamer type tend to cost more than a general vpn service that is designed more to hide your information.

Solution
Dec 6, 2019

There are some special vpn that build networks that have shorter paths to some game company server locations. These are very hit and miss if they will provide any advantage. To work you would have to have a low latency connection to the vpn provider and then they would have to have a good connection to the game server. For most people in say the USA or the EU any form of vpn will be slower but when you live in a country that does not have good connections to all the international ISP it "might" help.

Only you can test these services to see if they will work and although not real expensive there is a monthly cost for vpn services. The gamer type tend to cost more than a general vpn service that is designed more to hide your information.
it by any means have anything to do with my internet settings or dns?

HamzaBaig

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
My ping used to be 110-120 ms for the last 3 months but yesterday I updated my windows 10 from 1806 to 1809 .
Now, my ping on SEA server is 313+ and it won't come down at all, it reaches 500ms at times.
The ping I get on EU servers is around 160-180ms.

PS: I'm from Pakistan.
I play PALADINS.

can anyone help???
Hey, I'm also from Pakistan, Lahore to be exact...I thought it was only me but apparently I also cant play paladins(especially maeve) with a decent ping ever since Friday