Question High Ping while gaming after new mainboard

Apr 15, 2019
Hello guys,
after building in a new mainboard (ASRock A320M-HDV) I experience Ping in games too high to be playable. However, the download speed is still fine. Everything seems to be fine with the connection besides when I'm gaming. I got a wired connection. I really could use some help in this situation. Thanks in advance.

Apr 15, 2019
Your ping is okay doing a speedtest.net test?

Have you installed the LAN drivers for that board? If not I would try that first. Restart after installing them.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#Download
Thanks for replying, whenever I do the speedtest everything is just like before, ping is around 24 and I installed the drivers. The connection is fine, for example I can watch vids perfectly in 1440p, but also noticed whenever I open an online game the connection gets very bad in general also when doing other stuff in the internet, most of the time loses the connection fully, so it seems like it's got something to do with something getting activated when opening games. When doing the speedtest with a game open it doesn't show results because of no connection, but when I minimize the game the connection as well as the results are fine again. Another strange thing is that the connection also drops out when opening offline games like Turmoil.

Last edited: