Question High ping while gaming and mining --- how can i divide bandwidth ?

Nov 19, 2021
Im mining with 1 graphics card and than just using my integrated ryzen 5600g for gaming and its working well accept all the bandwidth seems to be going to the mining program and im hardcore lagging online in my games. as soon as i stop the mining program the game plays perfectly fine of course. i tried to set recourses to the game to high but that didnt do anything. how can i get my ping down in gaming? is there a way to set up 2 USB wifi adapters and direct one to mining and the other to gaming? or do i have to install virtual machine and run the mining on that or?? besides building and having two seperate PCs what can i do?

It has to be something else unless it is a strange mining program. Most coin miners only take a few 100kbps.

I would watch the resource tabs and see where the bottleneck is. You can see exactly how much bandwidth each program uses in the network tab. I suspect it going to be cpu or something else causing the lag.

Nov 19, 2021
It has to be something else unless it is a strange mining program. Most coin miners only take a few 100kbps.

I would watch the resource tabs and see where the bottleneck is. You can see exactly how much bandwidth each program uses in the network tab. I suspect it going to be cpu or something else causing the lag.
It's not the cpu there's lag not stuttering. The ping goes up to 1400 when nicehash is on... And goes right back down to a normal ping of 70 when I shut off nicehash. My cpu only gets to not even 50% so it's a 😍 Ng issue....

This is one of those things I always shake my head at. When you want performance on a game you stop everything else on the machine so the game can have all the resources.

Now you have to find the resource bottleneck. Could be memory or disk or something else. It is not going to be the network. Mining stuff spends all its time doing math stuff and talks very little on the network.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Nov 19, 2021
This is one of those things I always shake my head at. When you want performance on a game you stop everything else on the machine so the game can have all the resources.

Now you have to find the resource bottleneck. Could be memory or disk or something else. It is not going to be the network. Mining stuff spends all its time doing math stuff and talks very little on the network.
dude its not a memory, harddrive or cpu issue... its a ping and network issue. i told you the ping gets up to 1400 when nicehash is on thats whats causing the lagging in online games..... high ping is from an internet bandwidth issue cpu and memory and harddrives have nothing to do with ping

Nov 19, 2021
Then if you know everything how much bandwidth is the miner actually using. Everything I have seen says it uses not even 100kbps.
i dont know everything all i do know is that what youre saying about cpu and memory etc is not whats going on. i was asking if i should use a virtual machine or is there a way to get around directing bandwidth more directly to games or a second wifi adapter.... i was asking how to solve the issue what your saying has nothing to do with it sorry bud

You already have your answer . you just don't want to accept it.
All USB wifi adapters use the cpu to create packets for transmission, and use the CPU to read packets it receives.
If your game or your mining is using the CPU (high priority) then your USB adapter(low priority) has to wait for its chance at CPU cycles.
You really only have a couple choices.
Turn off mining when gaming.
Replace your USB wifi with an Ethernet cord.

Nov 19, 2021
You already have your answer . you just don't want to accept it.
All USB wifi adapters use the cpu to create packets for transmission, and use the CPU to read packets it receives.
If your game or your mining is using the CPU (high priority) then your USB adapter(low priority) has to wait for its chance at CPU cycles.
You really only have a couple choices.
Turn off mining when gaming.
Replace your USB wifi with an Ethernet cord.
My cpu is only at 5% usage while mining meaning it's not being used at all for mining. Because my other Rx 580 is mining and being used.... There may be 1% of usage of the cpu going to mining. So cpu bottle neck is not the issue. Literally the only thing while gpu mining that the processor has to handle is pretty much nothing aside from running windows on idle which is nothing. I've used an Ryzen 2200g and a more powerful Ryzen 5600g so cpu performance has nothing to do with this. It's a bandwidth issue that I want to direct toward splitting recources more to gaming