High Ping While Streaming Fortnite For No Reason

elitingler

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017
I know there are plenty of threads covering things like this, but Nothing I have read fixes this issue. My computer specs are
GTX 1080
i5 7600k
16gb DDR4 3000mhz
MSI SLI plus z270

My results on speedtest.net are 90 down and 90 up, and a ping of 9. While playing fortnite it always says my ping is around 20 or 30, but when streaming I can feel the latency, and it is very noticeable when I turn it off. I stream with an output of 2500 bitrate, 1280 x 720, low latency preset, nvenc encoder to twitch streaming through SLobs. With what i've read, I should be able to easily stream at 3500 bitrate and have fine connection in game. It is also weird that my ping stays the same with noticeable lag. I use a cat6 Ethernet connection and I have verizon. Anything that you could do to help would be appreciated.

If it were the network there is not a reason I can think of that the ping wouldn't be captured.

It's likely in the cpu/gpu. What is the res you play at? dropping from 2k to 720p is likely using a lot of cpu with a software encoder. Does the encoder use the gpu? if hardware offload is available, I'd give that a shot.

elitingler

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017

The encoding is tasked to the gpu already. I play at 1080p. That should don’t be the problem.

Have you tested without hardware encoding?

the larger the difference in res the harder it is to encode.
you could do some test runs at native and see if the lag goes away. then you will know if it's from encoding.

elitingler

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017

Yes but I am playing in 1080p and steaming at 720, not a big jump. Also my gpu usage is only 70% while playing Fortnite anyway cuz of the bad optimiazation and when I have it on software encoding it just barely works at all.

elitingler

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017

I tested streaming in a different game, (overwatch) but streamlabs obs wouldn’t even start streamin, so then I usb to fix that. I ended up reseting settings to default to try and fix it and then instead of doing them custom, I tried the optimizer that slobs has. It set the bitrate at 6000, and I some other settings changed so I tried streaming and I had no lag. I turned it back to 3500 because I don’t see a point in having higher and I don’t want to use all the bandwidth I got. The encoder was still hardware (aka gpu) but no lag so yay!

elitingler

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017
I tested streaming in a different game, (overwatch) but streamlabs obs wouldn’t even start streamin, so then I usb to fix that. I ended up reseting settings to default to try and fix it and then instead of doing them custom, I tried the optimizer that slobs has. It set the bitrate at 6000, and I some other settings changed so I tried streaming and I had no lag. I turned it back to 3500 because I don’t see a point in having higher and I don’t want to use all the bandwidth I got. The encoder was still hardware (aka gpu) but no lag so yay!