[SOLVED] High ping

Jun 1, 2019
I get high ping in games. Even though i use ethernet. When i check ping for certain sites on cmd it shows 130ms ping to sites like roblox, discord. Google's latency is 40ms. Any fixes? I flushed dns multiple times and restarted my pc even rebooted my router. And disabled firewall.

Solution
For example, if you run ipconfig from a command prompt you will see your gateway address (normally 192.168.x.1) if you ping this address you would get a sub 1ms ping. If you run a tracert in a command window to your game servers IP address you will see all the hops and the latency on the route. Anything past your first address (your gateway...router) is out of your control, you dont have access to any part of that equation, it belongs to multiple ISPs on the route.
For example, if you run ipconfig from a command prompt you will see your gateway address (normally 192.168.x.1) if you ping this address you would get a sub 1ms ping. If you run a tracert in a command window to your game servers IP address you will see all the hops and the latency on the route. Anything past your first address (your gateway...router) is out of your control, you dont have access to any part of that equation, it belongs to multiple ISPs on the route.

Solution