Question High pitch wining/electrical noise Corsair hx705

Nov 3, 2019
So i just bought and build my own setup and im having a problem with my PSU where it has this high pitch wining noise or electrical noise that is soooooo annoying if im just browsing and not gaming or listening to music. As to what i have been able to read it's a common problem with corsair PSU's.
So im basically asking if there is an easy fix or if i should just get a refund and a different PSU?

So i just bought and build my own setup and im having a problem with my PSU where it has this high pitch wining noise or electrical noise that is soooooo annoying if im just browsing and not gaming or listening to music. As to what i have been able to read it's a common problem with corsair PSU's.
So im basically asking if there is an easy fix or if i should just get a refund and a different PSU?

It shouldn't be making the noise all of the time.

Is the electrical outlet you're using definitely Earth grounded?

Do you have anything else on the same circuit that could be introducing noise into the line?

Nov 3, 2019
It shouldn't be making the noise all of the time.

Is the electrical outlet you're using definitely Earth grounded?

Do you have anything else on the same circuit that could be introducing noise into the line?
Yes the outlet is grounded and i don't think i have anything else that would be making noise, although im not quite sure what you mean by this.

Nov 3, 2019
since its a newely built PC you cant be 100% certain that the PSU is the source of this noise , try a different PSU if you have one
Just from listening i am very sure its the PSU, but ill try the old one i have after i check if it can handle the load and return to you :)

Nov 3, 2019
Most likely coil whine , but not a fair statement to say it's common with Corsair PSU's. That's not a fact.

I own 4 Corsair PSU's , no coil whine.
You're right that i might have jumped to conclusion, but ill tell you im pretty stressed. It's my first build and weird noises doesn't help :)

Do you have any ideas as to fixing it? or should i just ask for a new one?