• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question High pitched electrical noise accompanied with stuttering coming from CPU area

conormclaughlin11

Prominent
Jun 28, 2018
Hi
There is a squeaky sounding electrical type noise coming from around the CPU/RAM area in my pc. This is annoying in iteslf but i noticed quite severe stuttering in games, which directly correlates to the sound.
Whenever I boot up a game the noise will start and be constant, and i notice whenever I get a stutter (every 1 or 2 seconds), the noise will completely go for just that split second during the stutter.
Recently I have also been running into some crashes with games (not full PC), where its always either something to do with cant read files or certain files cant be reached. I thought maybe the RAM so I swapped it with my brothers identical kit and nothing changed.

I've seen from other threads possibly a motherboard or PSU related issue, but also some say its coil whine from GPU but that it shouldn't be stuttering.

My PC isn't old and I originally had to RMA my motherboard once because of RAM not being detected day 1

any thoughts or help would be really appreciated because I'm completely stuck

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS