[SOLVED] High Pitched, Low Volume Buzzing in headphone jacks

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
Hello,

I've recently picked up a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite to replace my broken Asus Prime one. I now have constant high pitched buzzing noises coming through my headphones. Its quite low in volume and is easily overridden by game sounds or background music but there are many times where no sounds are playing or just extremely quite ones for ambient. And thats exactly when I notice the buzzing all over again. I tried setting the Audio Quality higher, checked the rear headphone jack, everything. Nothing seems to check out.

I've also noticed that its getting worse when im playing more demanding games. So it should have something to do with my graphics card, a Palit GTX 1660 Super StormX, but I cannot figure out how to stop it.

Any help is welcomed-

Solution
Try temporarily unplugging the front panel audio header from the motherboard and check the rear audio port for noise

I've run into an issue where in my PC case, the front panel audio PCB audio ground was electrically connected to the chassis ground. Isolating the two grounds fixed the noise from the front audio output.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
Try temporarily unplugging the front panel audio header from the motherboard and check the rear audio port for noise

I've run into an issue where in my PC case, the front panel audio PCB audio ground was electrically connected to the chassis ground. Isolating the two grounds fixed the noise from the front audio output.

Solution