Question High power usage PC

Feb 13, 2022
Yo guys soooo when i play a game and then i go to my 2nd monitor and open chrome or opera browser to watch a stream or video my task manger power usage goes to very high and my game screen tear and frames drops my specs are: i9900k and Asus 2080 super overclocked edition recently i disabled intel speedshift as well pls help.

Feb 13, 2022
Always this happens or it it the 1st time?

If so when did this start happening it it since you disabled speedshift?

Something like This??
hi yeah This never happened before when i disabled speedshift i enabled it back to default by resetting my bios and the problem still happening even though i reset the bios maybe cpu issue?

Feb 13, 2022
ok, try removing the CMOS battery and wait a few seconds. after that put it back in, then check if the problem perists.

also, were you always checking the power usage of the apps even before you got this problem? or you thought of checking the power consumption and then found out this?
Ok ill reset the cmos and also yeah i checked it before this happened and the power consumption was low and i had no issues with frames and screen tear and when i go to check cpu temps etc thats all good.

Feb 13, 2022
If resetting cmos doesnt work then im afraid some component MAY BE FAILING

OR it could be that the game had a new update and since then it has been updated to provide optimal use to the user by increasing power consumption for smoother gamplay??
I think when turning speedshift off it affected my cpu tbh so hopefully cmos helps does cmos reset everything? Its better then doing a default bios reset?