High Prices on TV Wonders....why?

SL

It seems that for the last few years, this one particular variation of ATi
cards does not change. It is the buggiest thing I think they make and even
when working "well", still not superb. But the price at the big stores and
computer shows simply does not change. What could be the logic in this? I
would rather buy an old ViVo card with all the features for roughly the same
price. In other words, the 9800 pro vivo will be free before the TV Wonder
VE drops 5 dollars.... Maybe a bit of an exageration, but its bewildering.
:)

sl

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It seems that for the last few years, this one particular variation of ATi
> cards does not change. It is the buggiest thing I think they make and
> even when working "well", still not superb. But the price at the big
> stores and computer shows simply does not change. What could be the logic
> in this? I would rather buy an old ViVo card with all the features for
> roughly the same price. In other words, the 9800 pro vivo will be free
> before the TV Wonder VE drops 5 dollars.... Maybe a bit of an
> exageration, but its bewildering. :)
>
> sl

Companies need a return on the investment they make in developing new GPU's.
Phasing out old product is one way of doing so as only new product is then
availble for sale.