Question High Processor Temps?

Oct 11, 2019
Hi all,
I'm relatively new to the whole PC world, I recently built my first PC, and on all accounts it runs really well. However when I was playing Apex (On low settings) I noticed the fans were blowing very hard and the tower felt very warm. When I checked the temps, everything was running from 60-75, which I would expect with this game, except the processor, which ran 120+
Picture of the monitoring system is including.
Spec.
Motherboard: ASUS B450 2Micro
Ram: 2 8GB Ram Chips (Ballistix Sports)
Processor: Ryzen 5 26000
Graohics: MSI VGA Graph Card Radeon RX580
Power: Evga 600 BQ. 80+ Bronze

On the stock cooler, those temps seem pretty normal to me. Make SURE you are using Ryzen master to monitor CPU temperatures. Ryzen master, Core Temp and HWinfo are the only programs I'm aware of that are accurate for monitoring Ryzen platforms and you are much better off with Ryzen master since it offers manufacturer specific information not available in Core Temp or HWinfo. Any other monitoring utilities are not recommended.

My advice would be to get a better cooler AND if you don't have very good case cooling, you might definitely want to look at some upgrades there as well.

Knowing what your case model is, how many case fans are installed and what direction EACH case fan in each location is blowing, would be helpful.

Reactions: Karadjgne