[SOLVED] High quality integrated audio not working

Aug 6, 2019
My audio doesn't work on Windows, I did a full reset but the problem continues, it knows my headset is connect yet no sound comes out, how should I fix this?

H
How would I do that
You should have a speaker icon in the notification area... if not then re-install audio drivers and that should fix it.

If you do have the speaker icon right click on it and then click OPEN SOUND SETTINGS. In the SOUND (settings) dialogue that opens, click on the arrow in "Choose your Output Device" select box and make sure you've selected an output to which your speakers/headphones are connected. The exact name can vary depending on your hardware and configurations: in my case it's "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)".

An option, again in my case with my hardware, is "4-digital Display Audio (2- AMD High Def Audio Device)" which is used for audio across an HDMI cable attached to my graphics card going to an HDMI TV for sound from it's speakers, or "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek(R) Audio)" which would be the TOSLink connector on the back if I had a fibre optic cable connected to external amplified speakers. If I had any of those two selected I'd hear nothing, though, because I have my head phones connected to the "Speakers....." jack.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019
You should have a speaker icon in the notification area... if not then re-install audio drivers and that should fix it.

If you do have the speaker icon right click on it and then click OPEN SOUND SETTINGS. In the SOUND (settings) dialogue that opens, click on the arrow in "Choose your Output Device" select box and make sure you've selected an output to which your speakers/headphones are connected. The exact name can vary depending on your hardware and configurations: in my case it's "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)".

An option, again in my case with my hardware, is "4-digital Display Audio (2- AMD High Def Audio Device)" which is used for audio across an HDMI cable attached to my graphics card going to an HDMI TV for sound from it's speakers, or "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek(R) Audio)" which would be the TOSLink connector on the back if I had a fibre optic cable connected to external amplified speakers. If I had any of those two selected I'd hear nothing, though, because I have my head phones connected to the "Speakers....." jack.
My computer recognises my headset but no sound goes out I have both a realteck audio driver and the AMD high def audio device even though I dont use HDMI and use I use DVI, is there something im missing?

My computer recognises my headset but no sound goes out I have both a realteck audio driver and the AMD high def audio device even though I dont use HDMI and use I use DVI, is there something im missing?
What makes you aware your computer 'recognizes' your headphones?

DVI can carry audio too so make sure it's not the output selected. Select the RealTek audio speaker (not digital) output and make sure your headset is connected to a speaker jack (not microphone, line input nor any other jack) on the back panel.

Aug 6, 2019
What makes you aware your computer 'recognizes' your headphones?

DVI can carry audio too so make sure it's not the output selected. Select the RealTek audio speaker (not digital) output and make sure your headset is connected to a speaker jack (not microphone, line input nor any other jack) on the back panel.
When I plug in my headset it asks what you plug in (my headset) and i put it into the right ports but still doesnt work

Aug 8, 2019
I also having the same issue, my audio was working fine till yesterday then I made a fresh install of windows 10 with a Windows 10 bootable USB Drive created using windows media creation tool on Lenovo laptop 2 days back. Now only hissing sound coming out of my speakers. Realtek HD Audio Manager detecting plug/un plug of audio devices, even audio visualiser showing audio is being played but only hissing sound is coming out from the speakers. Guess something is wrong with windows 10 new update 1903.

acaa2c.jpg

Aug 6, 2019
I also having the same issue, my audio was working fine till yesterday then I made a fresh install of windows 10 with a Windows 10 bootable USB Drive created using windows media creation tool on Lenovo laptop 2 days back. Now only hissing sound coming out of my speakers. Realtek HD Audio Manager detecting plug/un plug of audio devices, even audio visualiser showing audio is being played but only hissing sound is coming out from the speakers. Guess something is wrong with windows 10 new update 1903.

acaa2c.jpg
Yes I have the same problem, what seemed to work is to buy a usb audio adapter they like 6 pounds and they seem to work so i can hear audio now, hope this helps