High quality PSU causing coil buzz from different GPUs bad?

G

I have an EVGA Supernova 750 G2 80+ gold power supply, supposed to have very very good ripple suppression with all japanese caps, etc.

My original GTX 950 windforce 2x didn't appear to have any coil buzz, but when I upgraded to an EVGA GTX 950 FTW I noticed a light buzz from the card when under load when I put my ear to the case openings. After that card broke from a busted fan, replaced with an R9 380x from sapphire and it appears to be making a very similar noise although in some cases it differs- the noise isn't really buzzing that much in valley benchmark whereas the EVGA 950 would buzz in any stress scenario.

Does this mean my PSU is bad, and likely to break? I'm not especially worried if it's going to break cause it's good quality and won't take out the rest of my parts, but I'm not going to be able to replace it unless it DOES break. Or is it just a case of a certain PSU harmonizing with graphics cards more than others?

Solution
The Coil whine wont make your PSU "break" so to speak,
Its more of just an annoyance. But if you are having concerns I would just get another
PSU :)

Unicornio

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
The Coil whine wont make your PSU "break" so to speak,
Its more of just an annoyance. But if you are having concerns I would just get another
PSU :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS