Question High ram usage by non-paged pool

Foximite

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Hi im new to the forum heard its a good place to get some help
As the title suggests i have been having issues with this for quite some time,i have looked online for a solution,and most tell me to restart or do a virus scan,which didn't help
Also tried altering the "Start" value to 4 here: <Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu> , and it didn't help as well, if anyone has any ideia as to what to do or has an article with some detailed explanation i would appreciate it
I am using a windows 10 build 1809, and i currently have 10gb of RAM,and the non paged pool can consume up to 2-3gb of RAM
Thank you in advance

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
this would be the result of a memory leak then most likely on a kernel level.

Double check that you have the latest version of all your hardware drivers from the manufacturer.

With pre built OEM systems (like HP and Dell) go to support page for your computer model.
If you built it yourself, or had it custom built, then go to the support page for the motherboard you have.

Foximite

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
this would be the result of a memory leak then most likely on a kernel level.

Double check that you have the latest version of all your hardware drivers from the manufacturer.

With pre built OEM systems (like HP and Dell) go to support page for your computer model.
If you built it yourself, or had it custom built, then go to the support page for the motherboard you have.

Okay, so i did as you said and updated all my drivers, even used driver booster 6 pro in order to make sure i have the latest of everything and so far so good,i have currently i have 448 mb of non-paged pool,i will keep monitoring through out the day and should anything change i will reply here

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ouch, do not ever use software that updates drivers for you.
it is all crapware that while you might get lucky and have no issues, will typically cause other problems with your system and possibly viruses.

If drivers are ones maintained by Windows then they will be updated through Windows update, if they are specific drivers then just manually updating the few of them that there are using the downloads from the manufacturer support page for your product is enough. No need to use software that "supposedly updates" your drivers for you and supposedly "helps".

But good to hear that it's now staying within the 512mb it's supposed to.

Sounds like it was as I thought and a memory leak from a bad driver.

Foximite

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
ouch, do not ever use software that updates drivers for you.
it is all crapware that while you might get lucky and have no issues, will typically cause other problems with your system and possibly viruses.

If drivers are ones maintained by Windows then they will be updated through Windows update, if they are specific drivers then just manually updating the few of them that there are using the downloads from the manufacturer support page for your product is enough. No need to use software that "supposedly updates" your drivers for you and supposedly "helps".

But good to hear that it's now staying within the 512mb it's supposed to.

Sounds like it was as I thought and a memory leak from a bad driver.

Well as i said i would keep monitoring, while updating the drivers sort of improved the issue, it didn't fix it, by this i mean,it now takes a whole day for it to reach the 2GB mark instead of a couple of hours
But again it didnt fix it,do you have any other suggestion as to what i can do to fix the issue?