[SOLVED] High RAM usage help

LOLonPC

Honorable
Jun 11, 2016
Good day everyone!
So recently I've been seeing a lot of RAM usage and my PC is very slow, even when I just turn it on.
I'm using dual RAM sticks (1x8GB and 1x4GB) for combined RAM of 12GB.
For some reason, I've been getting 50% RAM usage immediately after staring up my PC, but the task manager only displays that programs are using roughly 1GB of memory.
I'm thinking of doing a Fresh Start or a system reset, but I figured I should ask before I do something like that if there's another solution.
Here are the usage details: View: https://imgur.com/a/Q7UjILs

Solution
Dual ram sticks? Meaning you're on a laptop? If the ram is onboard the laptop, it's fine. If you're working with two individual sticks of ram, you should make sure that both sticks are identical to get the best out of your platform.

Also, you might want to state which version of Windows 10 you're on. Usually high disk/CPU or memory usage can indicate a memory leak which will need you to reinstall the OS. Might want to make sure you have the installer on an USB handy using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Lutfij

Titan
Dual ram sticks? Meaning you're on a laptop? If the ram is onboard the laptop, it's fine. If you're working with two individual sticks of ram, you should make sure that both sticks are identical to get the best out of your platform.

Also, you might want to state which version of Windows 10 you're on. Usually high disk/CPU or memory usage can indicate a memory leak which will need you to reinstall the OS. Might want to make sure you have the installer on an USB handy using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution

LOLonPC

Honorable
Jun 11, 2016

I'm on PC with 2 RAM sticks. In resource monitor it shows a lot of processes in the background which add up to about 5GB. I think some of them really shouldn't be there and I'm thinking of using the Fresh Start feature that Windows offers, because I'm hoping that will make my PC run better and faster.

Jun 23, 2020
Hi there,
I'm using a dell laptop with windows 10 i5 and 6gb of ram. I don't play games and do any heavy task on this laptop. But still I was getting high spikes in the ram usage section. I did some googling and found a post which describes chrome ram usage (https://droidtheory.com/why-chrome-using-too-much-memory-solved/). I checked and found there there were some background process of chrome. They were consuming my ram sometimes. You can disable it from the advanced settings in the chrome browser. Try disabling chrome background processes and see if you're still facing the issue.

TRENDING THREADS