[SOLVED] High Temp, change hyper 212 evo for Corsair H100i PRO

Dec 4, 2018
I have a 7600k i5 processor and I use the EVO 212, I overclocked 18% and the temperature when I play PUBG reaches 80 ° C and 85 ° C, I'm thinking of buying a Corsair h100 pro, would that be the solution?

Solution
Sorry I did not get to you sooner. I have a lot going on this Christmas season.

Room and [inside] computer case ambient temperature and air flow within the case impact performance of either a water or air cooler. I just checked and maximum CPU core temperature was 30 degrees C at idle [minimum was 27 degrees C, or 4 degrees above room temp]. Room temperature was 23 degrees C.

I have a high air flow case, CoolerMaster HAF 922.

If my room temperature was 80 degrees F or ~26.7 degrees C with my case and CPU cooler my maximum idle CPU temperature would be about 33.5 degrees C while idle.

If you want to know what my CPU temperature would be at 5.0GHz under heavy load with a room temperature of 80 degrees would simply add 5 degrees C to the...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
'Better' cooling would be a solution, yes. The 212EVO is very much a budget unit.

What are your max temps though? What kind of voltage are you using? Are you stress testing?
85'C max, while definitely hot, isn't too bad for a 7600K with a 212EVO actually.
I'd definitely look to improve the cooling solution though.

Intel temperature guide:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

Dec 4, 2018
So, the CPU voltage is at 1.040V, I have the motherboard Asus Prime Z270-AR and I put the automatic Over of it.
the temperature is between 74º and 82º playing Pubg, sometimes going to 85ºc, would it be better if I put a H100i Pro or another like this but cheaper?

I will put a link to a picture of IntelBurnTest v2 completed and HWiNFO64 to show temperatures.

My CPU is an i7 7700K currently at 4.8GHz. Cooler is Noctua NH-U14S.

I was testing SSDs for performance when I came across this thread. I will post it later after I get my regular drives re-installed.

EDIT: Temperature never got above 59 degrees C, even though I had the back of my computer case open so I could easily connect and disconnect different drives, so, my case cooling is not the best at the moment.

Dec 4, 2018
Danra, thanks a lot for your time and answer, I had seen Noctua too, but since his price was near a water cooler, I was in doubt. I bought a fan from Noctua and put it on the other side of the EVO 212 to see if it got better, but it did not change much.
I saw the temperature image, but now I'm thinking that it maybe the air in the room that is heating up too, it's a very small room with no ventilation, the air is hot and does not renew.
I'm thinking of buying a portable air conditioner LoL ,
or do you think even with a small, non-ventilated room that Noctua NH-U12S can lower the processor temperature?

Sorry I did not get to you sooner. I have a lot going on this Christmas season.

Room and [inside] computer case ambient temperature and air flow within the case impact performance of either a water or air cooler. I just checked and maximum CPU core temperature was 30 degrees C at idle [minimum was 27 degrees C, or 4 degrees above room temp]. Room temperature was 23 degrees C.

I have a high air flow case, CoolerMaster HAF 922.

If my room temperature was 80 degrees F or ~26.7 degrees C with my case and CPU cooler my maximum idle CPU temperature would be about 33.5 degrees C while idle.

If you want to know what my CPU temperature would be at 5.0GHz under heavy load with a room temperature of 80 degrees would simply add 5 degrees C to the link I provided above. Here is the link
https://imgur.com/TrUEo8E

At 4.8GHz add 5 degrees to the CPU heavy load bench as seen here https://imgur.com/wkFo7y7

I hope that helps you.

EDIT: I prefer a high quality air cooler over a good water cooler because there is no maintenance except to clean it every month.

Solution