Question High Temp Every Start Up

May 17, 2020
Every time I start up my pc it rockets off to a high temperature (80-100), I check bios and it’s says n/a to my sys_fan2 which is the header I connected my aio pump too, I spend some time replugging in the wire that’s connected to the header restarting and then it will work again this has become more and more annoying because i used to only need to re-plug it in once but now it requires more replugging in and restarting.
Idk if this is the pump but it works fine after I replugging it in and restarting.
I have done a bit of research and as a last measure I’m writing this which I’ll be posting in many forums to see if I can get any assistance or advice to fix it or help with it.
Pc Specs: Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X Cpu: i7-9700k Cpu Cooler: Coolermaster Master Liquid AIO ML360R Psu: Corsair CX550M 550w 80+ Semi-Modular
Thanks in advance for reading this and trying to help

Every time I start up my pc it rockets off to a high temperature (80-100), I check bios and it’s says n/a to my sys_fan2 which is the header I connected my aio pump too, I spend some time replugging in the wire that’s connected to the header restarting and then it will work again this has become more and more annoying because i used to only need to re-plug it in once but now it requires more replugging in and restarting.
Idk if this is the pump but it works fine after I replugging it in and restarting.
I have done a bit of research and as a last measure I’m writing this which I’ll be posting in many forums to see if I can get any assistance or advice to fix it or help with it.
Pc Specs: Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X Cpu: i7-9700k Cpu Cooler: Coolermaster Master Liquid AIO ML360R Psu: Corsair CX550M 550w 80+ Semi-Modular
Thanks in advance for reading this and trying to help
" sys_fan2 which is the header I connected my aio pump TOO", Does that mean you have pump and some other fan also connected at same time on same header ?

May 17, 2020
Because the auto setting doesn't send enough voltage to the pump. It needs a little more voltage than the typical fan does.
Haha one more thing I'm really confused but how do you put this forum as solved, i've just started using this website.

Thanks alot it works now quite strange why does this occur?
Pump on that particular cooler has only 3 pin connector and it's not PWM it's also meant to run full speed for best cooling. Only other option is to tie particular header to regulate speed by CPU temperature, not MB temperature. It's supposed to cool CPU not some MB part like chipset or VRM.