Question High temp on idle

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Hello good day just wanna ask if i did something wrong in building my pc, my normal temps are always 50celsius even on idle is that normal? or i did something wrong in mounting my stock cpu cooler

ryzen 5 3600
Aourus b450 Pro Wifi
16gig of ram
gtx 1070

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You don't have to anything if you're already using Ryzen Master.
Ryzen cpu's behave a little differently; idle temps are going to be a little higher on them compared to Intel's.

But if under a workload, you find it reaching some 80C+ temps, I would then suggest remounting the cpu cooler.
The stock push-pin models are a little tricky to mount correctly; it's fairly easy to screw it up.

You'll need to clean off the old paste(alcohol and a soft cloth works), add new(just a small pea in the middle), and secure the pins in an 'X' formation:
-Top-left and bottom-right at the same time - the pins must CLICK!
-Top-right and bottom-left at the same time, CLICK, and done.

Reactions: katnip.beyb

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
You don't have to anything if you're already using Ryzen Master.
Ryzen cpu's behave a little differently; idle temps are going to be a little higher on them compared to Intel's.

But if under a workload, you find it reaching some 80C+ temps, I would then suggest remounting the cpu cooler.
The stock push-pin models are a little tricky to mount correctly; it's fairly easy to screw it up.

You'll need to clean off the old paste(alcohol and a soft cloth works), add new(just a small pea in the middle), and secure the pins in an 'X' formation:
-Top-left and bottom-right at the same time - the pins must CLICK!
-Top-right and bottom-left at the same time, CLICK, and done.
i will try this! thanks a lot ! by the way should i also remove the old paste in my stock cooler?
or just the old paste on the cpu

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Both.
Every time you separate the cooler from the cpu, you should clean off all the old paste. Leaving it on will create air pockets, and thus hot spots on the cpu's IHS, increasing temps.

i am really not quite sure how to go there it only says power saving, balance performance, ultraperformance in my edit power plan
Just stick to Ryzen Balanced in the power plan. That one works the best.

Reactions: katnip.beyb

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Both.
Every time you separate the cooler from the cpu, you should clean off all the old paste. Leaving it on will create air pockets, and thus hot spots on the cpu's IHS, increasing temps.

Just stick to Ryzen Balanced in the power plan. That one works the best.
Thanks a lot! will do all of your instructions ☺:kissingheart: