[SOLVED] High tempatures

Sep 26, 2021
So I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and I have been getting temperature that seem really high for not doing anything on my PC, Like watching youtube or browsing the internet I have been getting 70-80c I have a stock cooler and I really just dont know whats wrong, And I was testing my computers preformance on Fortnite and I peaked at 95c with a 85c usual temp. Does anyone have a similar problem/know why I have such high temps?? Could backround processes bring my temp up that high without any games running??

Solution
Hi ManiaCutie (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Background processes can and will bring your temps up temporarily due to boost clock raising frequency to 4.2Ghz when conditions will allow. There is no concern if temps raise occasionally to 80C as your thermal max is 95C.

If you wish to overclock and reduce temps then dump the Wraith Stealth air cooler for an AIO H110i or equivalent if it will fit your case.
Hi ManiaCutie (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Background processes can and will bring your temps up temporarily due to boost clock raising frequency to 4.2Ghz when conditions will allow. There is no concern if temps raise occasionally to 80C as your thermal max is 95C.

If you wish to overclock and reduce temps then dump the Wraith Stealth air cooler for an AIO H110i or equivalent if it will fit your case.

Solution

Latest posts