Question High temperature on NVM after installing GPU

Jun 18, 2019
I have an ASUS prime b250 , i7 6700 , NVM Adata Gammix s5 512Gb , Asus R9 270x 4GB. When i install the GPU the NVM gets to 62 Celsius Temp but with no GPU installed the temperature of NVM is 45 Degrees Celsius . I changed the position of nvm because my motherboard has 2 nvm positions but i get same result . Maybe i need a NVM Heatsink?

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Unless the NVMe heatsink has direct connection to the die of NVMe drive, putting heatsink on it can actually make things worse (by trapping heat in). Easiest fix would be positioning fan near it, so there is airflow path going over the NVMe drive.

E.g:
In my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig), i have Samsung 960 Evo (500GB) M.2 NVMe drive, sitting just below my CPU (i5-6600K + Arctic Freezer i32 with 2x Corsair ML120 Pro LED fans) and just above my GPU (MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 3G). Since i have good airflow in my PC, my 960 Evo sits at 40°C. I don't have any NVMe heatsink in use for the reason i described above.

So, either the Gammix drive is naturally hot running or you have some airflow path issues in your PC.