Question High temperatures and fan speeds for Rtx 2060

Amdregaz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2017
Hi guys I've just bought a refurbished Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce OC (dual fan) and the temperatures are quite high so is the fan speed.
84C and fan speed goes up to 95% making it extremely loud. At least it has a 0RPM mode and sits at 40C in Idle.
Are those temperatures normal? I have it in a CoolerMaster H500P Mesh case and I tried to remove the side panel but there's barely any difference. 82C and 92% Fan Speed.
I didn't had these high temperatures in the past with any gpu.
Is the cooler that bad? If yes, are there any replacements.
I payed only 167 pounds for the card so I won't mind paying something extra for a cooler, I just need to know if there are any options out there for mine.
I know this isn't Strix cooling or Aorus but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad.
Ty.

What is your pc case , the room temp and do you have any intake fans? I owned 2 gigabyte graphics cards so far. Both had problem with fans making weird sound after some months at high rpm like hitting the plastic. Gigabyte 1060 had really high temperature too like yours.

Amdregaz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2017
I have a CoolerMaster H500P Mesh in stock configuration (2 fans of 200mm in front and one 140mm in the back for flushing air out), I just replaced the thermal paste but nothing has changed.
Room temperature is between 22-24C. I had a GTX 1060 Windforce in the past and the cooler looks about the same (the 1060 never went past 72C in Furmark and fans stabilized around 65%), I think they just put a 120W Cooler on a 160W card.
Someone recommended me this cooler on another website with the same thread as here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HHMJIIO/ref=psdc_430499031_t1_B007YLUCKQ
They said it's compatible with the rtx 2060, but on the website doesn't mention the RTX series.

I just checked the manufacturer's website it does mention the RTX series, I think I'm gonna buy one of those.

Last edited: