Question High temperatures

Oct 1, 2019
Hello guys and gals!

Disclaimer: Im not too good with computers apologies if i had missed out something please lemme know :)

So here's the story, I bought a new CPU and a second-hand motherboard that was like a month old. I assembled all of it together I have water cooling (HV100i V2), CPU is an i3 9100f, Corsair Vengence 2666Mhz 16GB (2x 8GB), Gigabyte 360m h motherboard, GPU RX 480 8GB VRAM. My issue was that im getting idle temperatures of 63-70 deg Celcius. I open up Corsair Link and I cannot see my Hv100i v2 configurations and im getting super high idle temperature as well as the wrong model for the CPU which is showing up as i3 8100. My bios is also showing those super high temperatures!

Any Help would be tremendous, thanks alot guys/gals!

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
First thing, is the HV100i new or used. Did you replace and apply new thermal compound on the water block (if the cooler is used) that attached to the CPU? Can you hear or feel the water pump running in the water block? If not, did you connect all the wires on the cooler correctly?

You should be using Corsair iCue to check the cooler, not Corsair Link.

Oct 1, 2019
First thing, is the HV100i new or used. Did you replace and apply new thermal compound on the water block (if the cooler is used) that attached to the CPU? Can you hear or feel the water pump running in the water block? If not, did you connect all the wires on the cooler correctly?

You should be using Corsair iCue to check the cooler, not Corsair Link.
I can feel the vibrations within the tubes i cannot feel anything on the pump except for vibrations, yes all the wires were connected. The HV100I v2 is used but i had bought the PC from someone. I also re applied thermal paste, re positioned the pump block so it has good contact with the CPU. Yesterday i decided to replace it with intel stock cooler and tempratures went down.