Question high temps - brand new build 3070 and i5 10600K

Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys. Just put together a new build for a buddy.

Board - MSI Z490 gaming carbon WIFI
GPU - Asus 3070
CPU- i5 10600K
Case - MPG GUNGNIR 110R - Mid Tower
CPU cooler - Noctua NH-D15

No overclock. Getting crazy high temps everywhere - CPU and GPU spikes up to 130 degrees F, sometimes even before running anything. Any thoughts here? Having my buddy make sure the fans are aligned correctly but for the ones in the case, he said they came in the case mounted. He's double checking he put the CPU cooler in correctly. Odd that both the CPU and GPU are super high I thought. Games crash right away naturally.

If idle that is a bit high. As it’s both cpu and gpu that does make we think about case airflow and air temperature. How many intake and exhaust fans does it have? As you say check they are mounted correctly.

Can you try putting a load on the cpu and see what happens to the cpu temperature alone. Maybe run Cinebench.

Jan 14, 2020
I should add I updated to the new nvidia driver today. I was able to run the shadow of the tomb raider benchmark successfully just before. Warzone froze after 30 minutes this time, but didn't crash PC (was able to alt tab out).

Jan 14, 2020
Any other thoughts here. Temps seem ok now but still getting crashes - cod, tomb raider after about 30 mins of play. Not always a hard crash, sometimes just to desktop but regardless of what game I play it happens